If you are a carer we can:
- Offer you advice on care and support.
- Link you with other carers with experience of the same strain of CJD.
- Offer a care grant to families who are in financial hardship due to caring for a loved one with CJD.
If you are a professional, we can:
- Advise on the CJD care package and cost effective care.
- Link you with other professionals with experience of providing CJD care.
- Enable you to meet the needs of carers.
- Provide you with information and training on CJD.
- Advise on good practice and policy for CJD.
- Provide nursing and social work guidelines for CJD.
Counselling and Support
If you telephone our helpline on 0800 0853527 there is always someone to speak to.
We offer emotional support and practical information.
If you want formal counselling, you can speak to your GP or National Prion Clinic who provide counselling and support by following this link http://www.prion.ucl.ac.uk/clinic-services/counselling-and-support