The CJD Support Network was established in 1995 by relatives of people who have died with CJD and is now recognised as the leading charity for all forms of CJD.
Our aims are
- To offer practical and emotional support to individuals and families concerned with all forms of CJD.
- To offer practical and emotional support to people who have been told they are at a heightened risk of CJD through blood and surgical instruments.
- To provide emotional support for carers and to link families with similar experiences of all forms of CJD.
- To offer financial support for families in need.
- To provide accurate, unbiased and up to-date information and advice about all forms of CJD.
- To promote good quality care for people with all forms of CJD.
- To promote research into all forms of CJD and the dissemination of research findings.
- To represent the interest of individuals, affected directly or indirectly, in discussion with Government and public agencies.
- National CJD Coordinator - Gillian Turner
- Chair – Prof Richard Knight
- Secretary – Anita Tipping
- Treasurer – Mike Curtis
- Dr Simon Mead
- Sarah Tomkins
- Sandra Walshe
- Anita Judd
- Kate Dahill
- Karen Goodall
- Roger Tomkins
- Dr Andrew Smith (dental advisor)